IT’S TIME TO MEET THE ARCTIC!
If you have already been in Antarctic, now it’s time to take the next step. Even when people confuse Arctic with Antarctic there are some differences that make each one of them special.
What is the difference between Antarctic and Arctic?
These are some of the main differences between Arctic and Antarctic:
- Antarctic is in the south pole region and it’s a continent covered with an immense ice shelf, while Arctic is located in the north polar ocean and has a large number of island being the most important Greenland.
- There are also some differences in the nature you can find in both places. Polar bears are only in the Arctic, and you can see penguins only in Antarctic. You will not see them together.
- In Arctic you can also find Marine mammals, walrus, seals and whales and terrestrial mammals like wolves, foxes, hares, lemmings and oxen. In Antarctic the fauna population is limited to marine mammals.
- If you are a fan of flora, you might prefer to go north, since in Antarctic there is almost no vegetation and in Arctic you can find Tundra and flowering plants.
- Thanks to his geographical position, Arctic is not as cold as Antarctic, but obviously both are very cold regions.
- What about people? Antarctica has never had any native people living in there. But if you visit Arctic you can learn a lot about natives and their way of life.
Which excursions take me to the Arctic?
Antarctica Travels offers you two options to visit the Arctic:
- Arctic Express: Greenland’s Northern Lights (Fly North, Cruise South): This excursion is deal for active travellers: It includes mountain climbing and Arctic tundra hiking. During this travel is possible that you see grazing musk ox, whales and polar bears. You can also hire optional activities as kayak.
Dates: Sep. 20 - Oct. 2nd, 2016 (13 days)
Price: from $7.995 USD on a Quad Porthole
Save 15% on selected cabins!!!
- Scoresby Sund & Aurora Borealis (East Greenland): During this voyage you will see one of the most beautiful views the nature can offer: Aurora Borealis in an white landscape. This itinerary will allow you to see whales and huge icebergs, some over 100 m high, meet. You will also visit the winter houses of Thule culture made of whale vertebrae, and take a zodiac cruise along the fronts of a glacier.
Dates: Sep. 14 - 21, 2016 (8 days)
Price: $2.730 USD on a Quadruple Porthole
30% OFF!!! Last beths!!
Antarctic travels is recommended by Lonely planet, the most recognised travel guide and is member of International Association of Antarctica tour operators, with more than fifteen years of experience in the market.
If you liked Antarctica you will love arctic, contact us and be one of the travellers who can say : I have been in both poles!